Address: 7/F, North Wing, Fire Services Headquarters Building, Hong Chong Road, Kowloon.
- Overall management of the Fire Safety Command
- Application of prescriptive requirements and standards in relation to fire prevention/protection matters
- Initiation and/or evaluation of fire engineering researches in relation to fire prevention/protection work
- Promotion of the most effective fire prevention/protection means available to keep pace with the development of Hong Kong
- Improvement of the fire safety measures in prescribed commercial premises, and commercial, industrial and private buildings
- Dissemination of fire safety messages to the general public
- Formulation and review of fire prevention/protection policies, instructions, codes of practice, legislation, etc.
- Investigation of building fire safety complaints, except complaints about licensed premises and dangerous goods
- Formulation and certification of fire safety standards for new buildings and alterations to buildings