Address: 5/F, South Wing, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Kowloon.
- overall management of Licensing and Certification Command
- formulating and certifying the fire safety standards of new buildings, alterations to buildings, food premises, public entertainment premises, karaoke establishment, child care centres, non-designed school premises etc
- monitoring the licensing control on the use, storage, manufacture and conveyance of dangerous goods as well as timber stores
- administering the acceptance testing of fire service installations and the registration of fire service installation contractors
- administering the legislation in relation to the abatement of fire hazards.
- monitoring the fire service installations in existing buildings and their annual maintenance
- certifying Fire Service Installations (FSI) for new buildings.