"Press to shock - Save a life" Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Course
When cardiac arrest takes place, every second counts. The best action is to deliver a shock via defibrillator. Otherwise, the survival rate decreases by 7% to 10 % in each following minute.
To uplift the survival rate, the Hong Kong Fire Services Department undertakes to train members of the public in using defibrillator for free.Participant shall be twelve (12) years old or above. Application should be sent by email, post or FAX at least two months before the date of the course.
- Participant may download the application form from the website of Hong Kong Fire Services Department.
- The completed application form should be emailed to (firstname.lastname@example.org), post to Room 310C, 3/F, FSD Mongkok Office Building, 42 Tai Kok Tsui Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Attn: Public Access Defibrillation Progamme) or by FAX to (2724 1847) at least two months before the date of the course.
- Applicant will be informed of the result by email one month before the date of the course.
- Applicant may withdraw the application by FAX (2724 1847) or email (email@example.com) at least five weeks prior to the date of course.
Notes to the Applicant and the Participants
- This training course is free of charge.
- No commercial activities are allowed in the training course.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all participants are attending the training course on a voluntary basis.
- Group applicant should ensure that the class size should not be less than 10 participants. Individual or Group applicant with less than 10 participants could apply for the Regular Course.
- In case there are changes in the number of participants, the applicant should notify the responsible officer, CAASO by email [firstname.lastname@example.org] or by fax [2724 1847] as early as possible.
- Participants who fail to attend all the lecture and practical sessions will not be presented with the Attendance Certificates.
- All participants should be suitably attired for the practical section of the course.
(i) The information provided will only be used by the staff of this department for the processing of course application and other related administration work purpose.
(ii) You have the right to request access to or correction of personal data provided on this form in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Such requests may be made in writing to Room 310C, 3/F, FSD, Mongkok Office Building, 42 Tai Kok Tsui Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Attn: Public Access Defibrillation Progamme).
(iii) HKFSD reserves all rights to cancel or change the application.
(iv) Training session will be automatically cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Signal is in force. Hong Kong Fire Services Department would make rearrangement for the course with the applicant.
(v) Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the Duty Officer at 2272 9171.
|Introduction and Application Procedure of "Press to shock - Save a life" Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Course|
|Application Form for "Press to shock - Save a life" Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Course|