To further promote CPR and AED, the Fire Services Department not only offers the "Press to shock – Save a life" CPR & AED Course for free, but also provides relevant online learning resources for members of the public. Knowing the basics of this first-aid protocol, they may be more confident to save lives in the event of emergencies. Please click here for details.
"Press to shock - Save a life" CPR & AED Course
When cardiac arrest takes place, every second counts. The best action is to deliver a shock via defibrillator. Otherwise, the survival rate decreases by 7% to 10 % in each following minute.
To uplift the survival rate, the Hong Kong Fire Services Department undertakes to train members of the public in using defibrillator for free.
Participant shall be twelve (12) years old or above. Application should be sent by electronic means.
- Participant may submit the application by electronic means via FSD Training Portal.
- Individual's applicant may apply the public regular class.
- Group's applicant will be informed of the result either by email or phone one month before the date of the course.
- Applicant may withdraw the application by FAX (2411 8777) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three weeks prior to the date of course.
Notes to the Applicants and the Participants
- This training course is free of charge.
- No commercial activities are allowed in the training course.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all participants are attending the training course on a voluntary basis.
- Group applicant should ensure that the class size should not be less than 15 participants. Individual or Group applicant with less than 15 participants could apply for the Regular Course.
- In case there are changes in the number of participants, the applicant should notify the responsible officer, CAASO by email [email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org] as early as possible.
- Participants who fail to attend all the online learning class and practical sessions will not be presented with the Attendance Certificates.
- All participants should be suitably attired for the practical section of the course.
(i) The information provided will only be used by the staff of this department for the processing of course application and other related administration work purpose.
(ii) You have the right to request access to or correction of personal data provided on this form in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Such requests may be made in writing to 4th floor, Administration Block, Fire and Ambulance Services Academy, 11 Pak Shing Kok Road, Tseung Kwan O, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Attn: CPR & AED Progamme).
(iii) HKFSD reserves all rights to cancel or change the application.
(iv) Training session will be automatically cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted, Black Rainstorm Signal is in force or the Government has made the "Extreme Conditions" announcement. Hong Kong Fire Services Department would make rearrangement for the course with the applicant.
(v) Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the Duty Officer at 2411 8783.
|Submit the application form by electronic means|